Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Elementor content displayed in all Visual Editor based elements

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When using the Elementor plugin, content is being repeated in all Visual Editor elements instead of only in post content.

Solution: Update to Layouts 2.0.2, which includes a fix for the Elementor / Visual Composer compatibility issue.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/download/toolset-layouts/#changelog

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paulinaS 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I want to use Toolset with Layouts to create structure and general templates for my site with Elementor to create content for particular pages.
Unfortunately, Elementor content is being displayed in all elements created in Layouts using Visual Editor element - not only those where "post content" is included but also those where I added standard text or image. You can see how it looks like here hidden link
What to do to have Elementor data only in "post content" element?

Best regards
Paulina

Hi, we are aware of this compatibility issue with the Elementor plugin and our developers are working to include the fix in an upcoming version of Layouts, version 2.0.2. Right now, I do not have a solid date for that release, but I will let you know as soon as it's available. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you!

Hi, just a quick update to let you know that there is a beta version of Layouts 2.0.2 available now in your account downloads area. I don't recommend using this beta version on your live site, but if you have a testing or development environment you can try it out. If you notice problems, please report them as soon as possible so we can try to resolve them before the release. Thanks!

Hi, Layouts 2.0.2 has been officially released and is now available for download in your account downloads area. Please implement the latest version and let me know if the issue is not resolved for you. Thanks for your patience.

It's OK now. Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.