Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Divi just pushed a major update that breaks page layouts with Toolset installed.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zacharyL 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
breakiron(before-update).jpg
breakiron(after-update).jpg

I updated to the most recent version of Divi 3.0.53, which was a huge performance update. They restructured how the theme utilizes CSS, among other enhancements. After I updated, I visited the homepage and found the layout to be completely broken. Disabling Toolset proved that Divi was working just fine. Rolling back the Divi version also "fixed" it, but this presents an issue with not being able to take advantage of future updates, as Elegant Themes updates often.

I'm going to be perfectly honest, I am developing a site, other than this one, with WP Toolset and Divi, with the intention of purchasing either a developer license or single site license once finished, so I couldn't very well use that site's debug information. This is where I encountered the problem, and right now, it's only using basic layout functionality (custom global headers and footers).

The purpose of this support ticket is to make you aware that there is a conflict between the new Divi 3.0.53 update and WP Toolset. For now, my temporary solution is to not update Divi until patches are made on either side.

I haven't tested it on MyJobShine's live site, but I'm guessing the results will be the same.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Zachary,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind providing me with admin a copy of the theme so that I can test this out on a local install.

Thanks,
Shane

Here is a directory I created in Google Drive with the files you'll need. I wasn't sure if you wanted all the site files/database or just the theme, so I provided both. It should be noted that all my custom CSS is located in the child theme found with the site files.

hidden link

You're more than welcome to move these files out of this directory in order for the files to not be available for everyone to grab.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Zachary,

I've created an escalated ticket for our second tier supporters to take a look at.

Hopefully we get some information on this soon.

Thanks,
Shane

Excellent, thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Zachary,

Thanks for the patience.

It seems that this issue will be resolved in our Latest version of layouts that will be released.

Thanks,
Shane

Excellent. Thank you for keeping me posted.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.