Skip Navigation

[Assigned] Display view with repeatable fields of one CPT on a single page

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by przemyslawK-4 1 day, 5 hours ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi,

I have created a CPT named “Pricelists” (e.g. website.com/c/plumber-pricelist/) and a repeatable custom field group for this CPT that contains two fields:
-service name
-price of service.

I was able to create a content template with View that displays a table with all the services and prices on a specific pricelist page (e.g. on website.com/c/plumber-pricelist/). I selected “Repeatable field groups from the current Pricelist” as the “content selection” and selected “Current [repeatable field group name]” as the dynamic source.

Now I would like to display all the price lists on one sub-page, which is not CPT (e.g. website.com/pricelist/). Unfortunately, I am unable to create a content template or view that would display either the [repeatable field group] for a specific post ID or adjust the view created earlier.

Can you point me to a solution?

Thank you in advance!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

If you want to display repeating field group on the subpagge, it needs the Post ID for which post ID you want to display repeating field group and you can pass it as URL param.

So, you can add the post ID as URL parant for example: website.com/pricelist/?parentid=123

And then you can add a view block to your subpage "pricelist" and add the "Query Filter" for the post relationship and then filter it with the URL param.

If you do not know how to do it, You can share what is the subpage you want to target and send me admin access details with what post you have configured the repeating field group.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

As I understand - on this page: hidden link

I see you are display the view with repeating field group.

Now, what you want to display on the following page? hidden link
- Just a link saying for example "Show all repeating field group Items" and when that link is clicked user should be redirected on the page you mention: website.com/cennik/
And on the above page we should display the repeating field group?

I would like the repeating fields to appear on both of these pages.

On the /c/uslugi-elektryczne/ (English: /c/elecitrician-services/) page, I would like the list of services with price (i.e., repeating fields) to appear only for that particular page (as it is done now).

On the /cennik/ (English: /pricelist/) page, I would like all the lists of services with price (i.e. repeating fields) that are added on the /c/ pages to be displayed.

For example, inside the CPT in question I will create: /c/electrician-services/, /c/plumber-services/, /c/handy-man-services/ etc.

On the /cennik/ page, I ultimately want to display tabs (for example: Electrician services, Plumber services, Handy man services) and in each of these tabs there will be a list of services with price (i.e. repeating fields).