Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Default Layout

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.13 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

I am trying to: Automatically Assign posts that dont have a layout. There use to be a way to do this but I can't seem to find how to do now. Somehow I am getting some posts that have no layout assigned.

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

default layout.png
Layout settings.png

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support.

Please go to: Toolset >> Settings >> Layouts >> What to display if no layout is assigned to content (see attached screenshots)

Thank you

22.jpg

Hi thank you for your response . When I try to select what the them would output the box it is greyed out and I can't select it.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

1. Parent layout.png
2. Child layout.png

Hello Daniel,

It seems like you are using Toolset Starter theme. If yes, then I need to clarify that this is the default behaviour of Layouts, when you are using Toolset Starter theme (since it is integrated with Layouts. And if you want to display content on specific pages or posts where no layout is assigned then you can create a Layout with anything (header, footer etc) you want to display if no layout is assigned to content and assign this to your specific pages or posts.

- Using Toolset Starter with Layouts Plugin:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/toolset-starter-theme/#using-with-layouts

- The best approach for beginning to build Layouts-based sites is to use the parent-child layouts. The default layouts installed by the Installer using this method:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/toolset-starter-theme/#installer

So basically we need 2 layouts. One is parent layout and second is Child Layout, these will serve as Default layouts for your site:

1. For Parent Layout: Toolset >> Settings >> Layouts >> Default parent layout. See attached screenshot. (this will hold items like site logo, menu, footer and child layout too).

2. For Child Layout: Create a New Layout for posts/pages where no Layout is assign. See attached screenshot. (this will hold actual layout and content of the Single posts/pages body content).

-- You can also create a third special layout as well if you want to display some special look on any of your pages or posts. Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.