Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Date format in Essential Grid

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by motazA 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 09.40.58.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 09.40.47.png

Hi

I got Essential Grid to display my custom type fields correctly except 2 things:

1-
The date format is wrong, it came out as a long number as you can see on the screenshots attached.
How can i fix that.

2-
I have a field (Address) with a map (Toolset map) how can i show the map with the field on the view front end on Essential Grid?

regard
M<

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

I read through the documentation for Essential Grids and I don't think there is much I can help you with here.

Essential Grids will let you add existing post meta but doesn't include any formatting options. Types date fields are stored as UNIX timestamps (the long number you see) and when you use Views shortcodes to output the field you can choose to output the date in whatever format you require, but there is no way I can see to have Essential Grids format the output.

As for the address field it is stored as text (the address as formatted by Google Maps). If you want to display it as a map you must output it using a View.

There is no way to add a View to an Essential Grid.

Views and Essential Grids effectively feature the same functionality, querying the database for posts and outputting the results.

You can use Views to display results in a grid format and include maps (and output the Types fields in the required formats), read more about that here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/displaying-content-using-grids/

If there is a particular format from Essential Grids you like you can try looking at the source code and reproduce the same markup for your View to achieve similar results.

That means there is no fix for that ...
Ok
"
If there is a particular format from Essential Grids you like you can try looking at the source code and reproduce the same markup for your View to achieve similar results.
"
I think i ll try to do that

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.