Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Customizing the tag page

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to create taxonomy archive

Solution:
create a taxonomy archive from:
Toolset => WordPress Archives => Add new and select the "Tags" from "Taxonomy archive" section and try to build your custom tags archive.

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/customizing-the-tag-page/#post-917417

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by josephQ 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 15.00.21.png

Tell us what you are trying to do? I'm trying to customize the display (layout and appearance) of a tag page (see attached). Can I do this through Toolset's plugins, or do I need to dig into PHP theme files?

Is there any documentation that you are following? No.

Is there a similar example that we can see? No.

What is the link to your site?
Here's an example page: hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - you can create a taxonomy archive from: Toolset => WordPress Archives => Add new and select the "Tags" from "Taxonomy archive" section and try to build your custom tags archive. Does that help?

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you, Minesh!

Minesh, I followed your instructions and was easily able to customize the individual tag page. Is there a way to customize the list of tags themselves? For example...

hidden link — a list of posts with the tag "whatever" (you've already helped me do this)
hidden link — a linked alphabetical listing of all of the tags used in all of the posts

Does this make sense?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.