Skip Navigation

[Resolved] custom usermeta bypassed even required is set

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kelvinL-2 9 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author
customusertype.jpg

I am trying to: add custom user meta and field is set as required

I visited this URL:

I expected to see: the field is prompted to fill content

Instead, I got: the field validation is by passed

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

types-help-debug.png

Can I ask you for debug information about your site? Please see attached image on how you can grab the debug information. Simply copy/paste the information from debug information page, into the relevant area on this thread.

Dear Waqas Bin Hasan,

Not sure whether it can help because the above debug information is generated after lot things changed.

Kelvin.

Waqas
Supporter

Thanks for providing the debug information, that looks fine.

Can I ask you for a temporary access to your website? So I can investigate for the issue. I have enabled private details area for your next reply, please input all relevant information in there.

Also, remember to take full backup of your site before providing the access. I may need to change a few things for testing purposes.

Waqas
Supporter

Thank you for providing the access. I have observed the same issue. I have forwarded this case to the relevant Dev Team. They will look into this and will come up with a solution. I will update you accordingly.

Please do not change access information, they might need to login and investigate for more details.

Any update from the development team?

Any update from development team?

Kelvin

Waqas
Supporter

I apologize for the delay due to holidays, however I have followed up again with the team. I will update you as soon as I hear back.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Waqas
Supporter

I have just received a patch file from the Dev Team. I have sent you the file to your email address. Please download and replace with existing file in place.

Please overwrite the file at /wp-content/plugins/types/embedded/includes/usermeta-post.php. It is safe to replace only this file.

Dear Waqas,

Sorry I didn't assume you to send me the file through the Wetransfer, I only search by Toolset, now the download is expired. Could you resend it to me again?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Waqas
Supporter

I have just sent you the file again to your email address (via WeTransfer).

Please overwrite the file at /wp-content/plugins/types/embedded/includes/usermeta-post.php. It is safe to replace only this file.

Dear Waqas,

Thanks a lot, will it be included in next version and I don't need to keep it? What is the next version will be?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Waqas
Supporter

Usually the reported bugs are fixed in new releases and this is likely to be so. However, I am not sure when the next release is rolling out. But I hope there will be one soon in near future.

Noted with thanks!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.