Skip Navigation

[Closed] Custom post types relationship based on author

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Tsahi 11 years, 11 months ago.

Author

Hi,

I would like to use Types and Views to build a site where I have a relationship between two separate custom post types: kids and events.
Each event can be linked to multiple kids, but only to kids that belong to the same author as the event.
In such a case, the editor should only show the possible kids that are linked to a specific author.

Is that possible to do?

Regards,
Tsahi

Dear Tsahi,

I would say that is perfectly possible. If you have any problems dont hesitate to post on the support forum.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

That's exactly the issue - I can't make it work in any way.

I've created a custom post type "Kid".
- Removed the author from the display sections.
- Add a child called "Event".

Created a custom post type "Event".
- Same as above - removed author from display sections and it has a parent called "Kid"

When I add a new "Event" post type, it says under a new "Fields table" section:
"You will be able to add/edit child posts after saving the parent post."

When I save the new "Event", which for me is too late in the process as it is, the "Fields table" section now provides a drop down menu of kids I can select.
The problems are:
* I'd like to see in the drop down list only my kids as the author, while now it is showing the list of all kids on my site.
* I'd like it to allow me to select more than a single kid (that would be a bonus for me).

The topic ‘[Closed] Custom post types relationship based on author’ is closed to new replies.