Skip Navigation

[Resolved] custom post layout on DIVI theme

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to remove the sidebar, title, date, and featured image applied to each of my custom posts by Divi.

Solution: You can remove the sidebar in the post editor area, but removing the header elements isn't possible with Toolset. You may need to create a new PHP template file to completely remove the elements from the page, or you may be able to use CSS to simply not display them.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/designing-templates-divi-using-toolset/

This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by raulE-2 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Portfolio de teste 3   Site demo.jpg

I am trying to: set a new layout for custom posts "Portfolio" in a Divi Theme test site. I follow your tutorial https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/designing-templates-divi-using-toolset/

Link to my site: hidden link

I expected to see: I expect to see just the content I set up on the layout (2 rows, one with Title, and other with body test)

Instead, I got a page that shows my custom layout but on top of it is showing other elements from the Divi theme: title, image, and right side bar.

Is there a way to replace entirely the DIVI default layout? Not just in the body cell?

divi-layout.png

Hi, you can select a full-width Page Layout in the Divi settings for each post. This will remove the right sidebar. Please see the attached screenshot.

The page title, date, and large featured image are part of the Divi theme template files, and there's no way to modify those in Toolset. The only way to modify the wrapper provided by Divi is to create your own custom template PHP file that works like the single.php file, but removes the page title, date, and featured image. The Divi support forums would probably be the best source of information about creating custom post template files, but a quick search led me to these articles:
hidden link

hidden link

More information about the WordPress template hierarchy can be found here:
https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/#single-post

Christian

Thank you for your reply. I find a different solution.

I instal the plugin "Add Custom CSS" and set this css for my custom post type:

.et_post_meta_wrapper {display: none;}
#sidebar {display: none;}
@media (min-width: 981px){
#left-area {
width: 100%;
padding: 3px 0px 0px !important;
float: none !important;
}
}

Maybe this info could be useful for other DIVI and Toolset users 😉

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.