Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom post type “Ad” being treated as a blog post

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I'm using Divi and I have a custom post type called "Ads". On the single Ad page, I would like to modify the overall page structure to remove the page title and featured image.

Solution: Your options are:
1. Enable the Divi Integration plugin. This will allow you to control the entire site design with Layouts, including headers and footers. Note that you must rebuild any Divi design in Layouts with this option.

2. Create a new template PHP file for your "ad" custom post type. Copy contents from another template file into your new template file, but remove the undesired title and featured image elements.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/toolset-divi-integration/

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Mat Stocks 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: create a custom ad page

I visited this URL: hidden link

The ad page is being displayed as a blog page, duplicating the image for the advert, and displaying a blog type title.

Hi can you share the design of the Layout you have assigned to this post type? A screenshot will be great. If there are any parent Layouts, please show the design of these Layouts as well.

Screenshot 2017-07-03 21.49.00.png

Hi Christian,

See attached screenshot. I'm using the default single ad layout that comes with the classifieds template, although i'm using Divi as my Theme. I've removed everything that seems to relate to the toolset theme. Removing the section at the top of this layout template doesn't remove the duplication.

I see, Divi is a bit of a special case. If you want to keep most of the Divi page structure, menus, etc. then you would need some custom code to override the Divi template for listings.

Hi Christian,

I'd like to have some pages created solely using Divi (support pages, blog posts for example), but the "classifieds" part of the site (adverts, category listings) will mostly be toolset. I've watched a few videos and read some of your guides and this seem possible, but maybe I'm missing something.

Also, on the front page, it would be great if I could use Divi for the header, but toolset (category listings, and featured ads) for the body.

If this causes problems I can look at changing this, but it would be my ideal solution

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Christian is currently unavailable due today but will be back on Wednesday to check in on this ticket.

Thanks,
Shane

Okay so it sounds like you would prefer to use Divi's main site header and footer but use Toolset for body content in some areas. There is no way to selectively apply this override to specific pages - it's all or nothing. Therefore, you're somewhat locked in to the structure provided by Divi. In the case you're describing, where the title and featured image for listings are displayed more than once, there is no setting or option in Toolset to remove those - they are part of the Divi template for single posts. You would need to create a new PHP template file in your theme that will be used to display the listings pages, and remove the title and featured image from that template file. This will require custom code.

Thanks Christian, i've resolved this using some custom php.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.