Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED Login page Display Issue After upgrade to Latest Plugins

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user's Layout is repeating for when they are logged out.

Solution:

In this case the user was using Layouts to control the header and footer of the pages. Nothing is wrong with this but they have duplicate elements on the pages that displays the menu area for logged out users.

Removing these cells resolved this issue.

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jonB-5 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I have recently updated all of my Toolset plugins to the latest versions (Types 2.2 to 3.0 etc.) and have found that my front-end login page does not display correctly.

Please head to hidden link and scroll down the page - you'll see the layout appears 3 times as you scroll.

I have checked all associated layouts and cannot find the cause, can you advise?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jon,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the site so that I can have a look at whats happening here?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

Thanks, Also i see that you are using a layout, but the layout only displays if the user is logged in. Could you send me a link to the content template that displays the login form ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

The login form is simply in a 'Visual Editor' cell (code below) in the layout at hidden link

It does not have a separate content template at the moment.

The access control is via a Post Group set up in Toolset Access plugin (hidden link) which sends Guest Users to the login form layout.

<div class="white-info-box-2" style="margin-top:100px;">

[wpv-login-form redirect_url="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" allow_remember="true"]
  <p><a href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>">Forgot your password?</a></p>
  <p>Not got an account? <a href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>">Click here to register</a></p>
</div>

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

Would you mind if I took a duplicator package of this site ?

This way I can do some more extensive testing locally ?

Thanks,
Shane

Sure no problem, the Duplicator plugin should be installed ready for you to activate

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

Still checking on this for you.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

Ok so i've identified the issue. Its that Layouts no long integrates with the themes fully, hence y you see the items showing up twice.

I would recommend in your case that you disable layouts and to you content templates instead. This is because with our Toolset Starter theme which is no longer supported doesn't provide a default header or footer areas when Layouts is active. It is under the impression that you will be using Layouts to add these items. Seeing that this is what occurs when the user is viewing a page controlled by access .

It seems to be an issue with the Toolset start theme because it is no longer supported.

Thanks,
Shane

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 18.08.56.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 18.06.04.png

Hi Shane,

As far as I can tell it is not possible to send Guest Users to anything except for a Layout via the Access Plugin when controlling access to a post group. Is there another method to achieve this with a content template instead of a Layout?

I regard to the compatibility issue, I have assigned a parent Layout with header and footer the same way as I have for every other page, so why would just this one page have the issue?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

I'm not exactly sure what is causing the issue but I was able to still see the issue on the duplicator after disabling all the plugins.

Its actually the Menu bar and footer causing the issue. I raised the problem with Layouts and the Toolset starter theme, because Layouts no longer does a full integration. This means its only able to control the content template area. However if you have Layouts enabled as mentioned previously with our starter theme, it is expecting that you will be assigning a Parent Layout.

You can use a content template but Layouts will need to be disabled for this to work.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Also, I would personally recommend using a different theme since the starter theme is no longer supported.

I know that this might be an issue at this stage in your development but it will help in the long run if future issues arise with this.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

While I understand why you've discontinued Toolset Starter Theme, I have been told previously that compatibility issues with Toolset plugins would still be looked into by your team.

I was reluctant to upgrade my Toolset plugins but was told I could not get support if I did not upgrade, so I'm trapped. If I return to previous versions I can't get support and if I remain on the latest versions I face compatibility issues like this and whilst I plan to move away from this theme in future it simply isn't an option for me right now.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

What I can do for you is to create a fresh copy on a site and replicate the issue to provide to our 2nd tier supporters so that they can evaluate it.

Hopefully our development team can provide a fix but I cannot guarantee this but I can try.

Thanks,
Shane

Okay, thank you for escalating to 2nd tier, any assistance I can get is most appreciated.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

I ran through this again and i'm updating you as I get new information. So it seem that wherever the issue is, it is definitely coming from the parent Layout.

On a fresh install i'm not able to see the issue. However importing your Layout on this fresh install causes the issue to appear.

I would suggest rebuilding your Parent Layout from scratch or build a parent layout specifically for this Permissions Denied layout to test. You should see that you're not able to replicate the issue like that but using your parent Layout the problem appears.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.