Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED form can't be upgraded

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Vane 11 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nikos.

Author

Hello,

I use latest TVC plugins with WP 3.5.1.
I created a CRED create form which belongs to a custom post type created by Types.
I used <Scaffold> to generate specific code. I removed some items from code checking <Preview> ( it was what I want ) and wanted to upgrade this CRED form.
I was not able to save it.
I had 2 CRED forms created earlier but I deleted them all before trying to create this new one which I'm not able to save / upgrade.
I do it in Chrome.
Thanks,
A

Hello Attila,
is there any chance Types fields (which are requierd)
have been added to CRED admin screens

For example,this can happen, iof you have som required fields
that apply to all posts (then it will apply to CRED forms which are posts)

However CRED shows only the fields relevan to CRED forms
so thse required fields would prevent the form from saving but without being seen

You can use Chrome developer tools to see the hidden fields and see if that is the case.

Hello Nikos,

What I did:
1) I created in Types a custom post type ( later: CPT ) named "Product". It's public, it has it's own taxonomies: Product categories an Product tags.
Attribute "hierarchical" is NOT checked but it has Parents ( Customer, Service Provider ) and Children ( Offer ) which are also CPT of Types.
2) I created 1 custom field group ( CFG ) which is related to both CREDs and Products with 2 field: "Images" (repeated) and "Featured image).
NONE of them is Required, no conditional display rule.
There are other 3 CFGs but they are not related to Products ( but all related to CREDs )
3) If I check my only <b>1 Product 's edit page I found that there are 2 Featured images!!<b>
The Scaffold code also contains 2 featured images, that's one of the 2 parts I used to remove before save.
( Pls. note if I try to save the Scaffolded code WITHOUT any modification ( so the possibly "Required" second featured image also is in the code ) I'm still not able to save it !
I doublechecked all CFGs and in Types/Custom Field Control but I haven't found the other Featured image custom field on admin UI!
I know it existed earlier but I deleted that days ago with other unnecessary CFs. I think its status is Required, but I don't reach it in admin !

Thanks,
A

Attila,
exactly you should NOT associate any types field groups to CRED directly
CRED will load any fields associated with a specifc post to manage by itself

By assigning Types fields to CRED directly
you are actually assigning Fields to CRED admin screens
which CRED does not show but they are still there.
And they prevent CRED forms from updating

Hope this is clear

Nikos,

I removed CRED from all CFGs and this way I was able to save CRED, thanks.
BTW it's totally illogical for me TVC package allows for Users to select CRED forms to associate with Custom Field Groups if it makes such a trouble later...
Selection checkbox should be removed there if the case is what you explained...

Pls. see that I have 2 featured image fields in Scaffolded code:
image-featured and _featured_image

<div class="cred-field cred-field-image-featured">
<div class="cred-label">Featured image</div>
[cred-field field="image-featured" post="product" value=""]
</div>
</div>

<div class="cred-field cred-field-_featured_image">
<div class="cred-label">Featured Image</div>
[cred-field field="_featured_image" value=""]
</div>

The first ( image-featured ) is listed in Types but the other is not.
It's not listed anywhere on custom field list.
But - as a wrote - there is an option to add one on Product edit page ( right sidebar below; Set deatured image link ).
It shouldn't be there.

What is created and exists in Types is available in the Custom Field Group, in the main column, below Description field...

Thanks
A

Hello Attila,

i am not sure i understand what exactly is the question
about the featured images.

The featured image that CRED plugin has by default
is related to the actual featured image that each post can have.

So by using this field you are actually setting the
post featured image.

The other featured image defined by Types is just a custom field
named featured image
But this is not related to the actual post featured image

Hope this helps

Nikos,

you mean not only Posts has a Featured image default field, but also custom post types has it ? ( Products is a CPT, not a post )

thanks,
A

All Custom Post Types
can have all the fields/attributes of standard posts
(if they choose so)

So in case the post type defined through Types plugin
has support for featured image (called thumbnail)

Then CRED will include this field in the scaffold

Nikos,

OK, thank you !

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.