Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cred email notification stops working after upgrade

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
CRED notifications are not being sent when I set the option "When to send this notification" to be "When submitting the form with payment details"

Note: To see this option in CRED form settings, you should have WooCommerce and Toolset CRED commerce plugins active on your website.

Solution:
This was an issue in CRED 1.6 and it is resolved in the latest release which will be launched soon.

As a workaround, please follow this Errata page instructions to fix the issue until we launch the next release: https://toolset.com/errata/issue-with-notifications-set-to-be-sent-when-order-is-created/

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by ivanC-2 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author

I have just updated Cred to the latest version and email notification seems to have stopped working. It is similar to what is reported in this thread

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-email-notification-not-working-since-update/

except that none of the forms which were previously working would send emails any more. Sending a test email from within the form editor also fails to send.

I tried sending emails from a Contact 7 form and have verified that the send function is working. There is also no error log that I can see from the Cpanel log file.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I just checked with my test site and added one entry and I'm able to get email notification successfully.

I would like to debug your issue on your install in order to find the cause of the issue.

1)
Please share problem URL of CRED form.

2)
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Unfortunately, wp-admin access details are not working at this end. Could you please kindly resend it to me.

Minesh
Supporter

Still same problem. Yet it's not working at this end and I crosschecked with the person as well.

Could you please make sure you successfully logged in once and then send me the wp-admin and FTP access details.

Minesh
Supporter

Still can't get into wp-admin. Looks like may be IP is blocked.

This is my IP: 117.229.40.146

Minesh
Supporter

#Regarding the CRED menu - you will find under Toolset menu:
Before a couple of weeks - we have released a big update of Toolset family plugins with many GUI updates. You can read more about on the following link:
=> https://toolset.com/2016/04/toolset-2-0-unifies-menus-improves-usability-and-adds-new-features/

1)
Could you please tell me what is the URL where you've added "Image add" form.

2)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

it is the very first form as you go into the User Forms.

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

I have CRED form link but I would like to have the page URL where you added CRED form. Could you please share page URL where I can see your CRED form in action?

Also,
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

Minesh
Supporter

I've escalated this ticket to our next level support. Please be patient, wait for a reply from them and they will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Hello Ivan,

I’m Mohammed Toolset support second tier and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

I'm working on the issue.please wait and I will get back to you again.

Thanks.

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your patience.

I've tried to debug the issue but I'm having some troubles with configuring the email on my localhost.

So, I forwarded the issue to the development team directly to take care of it.

Please wait and I will get back to you once I get new updates.

Thanks.

I have done some further testing. Maybe the following findings might help you isolate the problem.

(1) sending email notification to the Author works.
(2) sending email notification to a specific email address does not work.
(3) sending email notification to a specific WordPress user ** kind of ** works - it sends a email to an address which was previously defined. Changing it to another user does not make a difference. It still goes to another email address as if the change never takes place.

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your patience.

This is an update that the issue will be resolved in the next CRED release.
until we launch this release, you can follow this errata page instructions: https://toolset.com/errata/issue-with-notifications-set-to-be-sent-when-order-is-created/ to solve the issue.

Please let me know if this works with you.

In case this worked, you can mark this thread as resolved or wait until we launch the next release and I will inform you once we launch it.

Thanks.

Hi, I received your instructions for the workaround. It seems to solve part of the problem though not entirely. Notification is sent now but not all emails specified. For example, I put 2 email addresses to notify. One address receives the email but the other one does not. Is your team aware of this problem but not addressed in the workaround?

This workaround will do for now as at least one notification gets sent.

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for reporting this and we are sorry for this inconvenience.

I've reported this to the development team and waiting for their response.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.