Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED Edit form not displayed

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: allow my users to edit their own CPTs

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: the CPT I created and own in the edit form

Instead, I got: the post itself

I have seen multiple posts on this topic in the support forums and not one of them describes a step by step resolution. I am using the Divi theme, and the latest versions of all the Toolset plugins; including the integration. I don't want to use the toolset starter theme or a basic WordPress theme so I will not be switching to those to test the problem. You publish a Divi integration plugin, I would expect you know if this is a Divi integration issue.

I have followed your instructions here step by step: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-training-course/part-9-listing-items-belong-logged-user/.

I'm trying to create very similar functionality by allowing my users to edit / delete the CPT entries they have created on my site. I have views that filter out their data, and those views contain a link to the CRED edit form as described in your tutorial. Here is an example of one of the loop items in a view:

<td>[wpv-post-featured-image size="custom" width="200" height="200" crop="true" crop_vertical="top"]</td>
<td>[wpv-post-link]</td>
<td>[wpv-post-date]</td>
<td>[cred_link_form form='edit-a-member' form_name='Edit a Member' class='fa fa-2x fa-pencil' style='color: blue;' target='_self']</td>
<td>[cred_delete_post_link class='fa fa-2x fa-trash cred-refresh-after-delete' style='color: red;' text='' message='Are you sure you want to delete this member?' message_show='1' action='trash']</td>

In this case, the edit a member link just takes me to the layout I created for the member. The edit form is never shown. I need a solution that works using Toolset CRED and the Divi theme.

Further information:
Yes, I have created a CRED edit form for that CPT and it's type is set to edit content.
Yes, I tried embedding the edit form in a page.

Here is the view loop code that belongs to the link I mentioned at the top of the ticket:

<td>[wpv-post-title]</td>
<td>[types field='families-relationship'][/types]</td>
<td>[cred_link_form form='edit-a-relationship' form_name='Edit a Relationship' class='fa fa-2x fa-pencil' style='color: blue;' target='_self']</td>
<td>[cred_delete_post_link class='fa fa-2x fa-trash cred-refresh-after-delete' style='color: red;' message='Are you sure you want to delete this post?' message_show='1' action='trash']</td>

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Adam,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can have a more detailed look at this ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Adam,

Taking a look on your CRED from hidden link I noticed that you have 2 forms in the one form.

A CRED form should only consist of 1 form.

Please remove the second form shortcode from the Form. It would be best to create a separate CRED form for this purpose.

Thanks,
Shane

I removed the second CRED form. Still doesn't work.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Adam,

Would you mind providing me with a link to the page where I can click the link to go to the page that should have the edit form ?

Thanks,
Shane

It will be easiest if you just log in as me. Set the next reply to private, and I'll send you the credentials to use and workflow.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Adam,

The private fields have been enabled.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Adam,

Your form is actually in the modal, so if you click the edit button beside Adam Cogswell on this page here hidden link

You will see the form show up.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.