Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to insert a CRED Edit link in a Layout

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When I insert a CRED edit Link in a layout, and click on it, it simply reloads that same link, instead of showing me the CRED Form
What is the problem?

Solution:
You need to call also a Post Body ShortCode in the Content Template that is inserted to the Layout and where you call the CRED Link.

[wpv-post-body view_template='None']

This will then ensure that the CRED Form is correctly displayed.

If you use a Visual Editor, you do not need to call the Post Body.

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.16 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by jeremyE 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I have an auto-generated content edit Form for a CPT and have added an "Edit" link to the single post Content Template. Using (unmodified) Toolset Starter theme, clicking the "Edit" link simply replaces the content with the same static content, but without any Bootstrap formatting (and the Edit link is set to "display: none;" by inline CSS injected immediately before the content output - see below). If I switch to TwentyFifteen, the edit Form shows correctly.

Any ideas?

<style type="text/css">
                <!--
                a[href*="cred-edit-form"]{display:none;}
                -->
</style>

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Could you please share problem URL and temporary access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

bump?

bump, bump

This does not happen with CRED and Toolset Starter.

1. You create a Post
2. You create a CRED Form to edit those Posts
3. You create a Content Template and insert the CRED Edit Link
4. You assign the Content Template to the Post
5. You click on Edit and it will show the form

Are you sure you do not use Layouts?
Because if so, you need to call also a Post Body ShortCode in the Content Template that is inserted to the Layout.
[wpv-post-body view_template='None']

This will then ensure that the CRED Form is correctly displayed.

Okay - that works. Obviously I was misled by the fact that the form worked in TwentyFifteen (though I still have no idea why) - is this need to insert a Post Body shortcode documented anywhere? I never saw mention of it.

No, there is not ayn Document in regard, this is under construction and will be published soon upon my request.

I understand the frustration - I have been there myself and thought I am completely stupid - when you try to do something that seems simple and can not achieve it.

This is why we will publish a DOC where it is elaborated to display CRED in a Layout, all possible and all suggested approaches.

This will be publsihed soon, and I hope we all can learn from it, we from the Support inclusive.

Please apologize that this was not documented, and I hope you can now move on with the project 🙂

Ok, thanks very much Beda 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.