Skip Navigation

[Closed] convert relationship one-to-many to many-to-many safely

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
convert relationship one-to-many to many-to-many SAFELY in a production site

Is there any documentation that you are following?
no

Is there a similar example that we can see?
no

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Hello i want to convert relationship one-to-many to many-to-many SAFELY in a production site, i saw toolset backend dedicated tool(Edit Relationship) but i never used so I would like to know first if it is safe to use

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

It might have data implications as the nature of the relationships is different.

We strongly suggest that you test that by copying your website on a staging website first, perform the change and see if the result is satisfactory and we recommend against doing the edit on production/

Thanks.

Hi Christopher, could there be workarounds that I haven't figured out? For example create a additional relationship between the same elements(I don't know if it's possible)?

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

No the change should work ok. The point that I mentioned is a caution that you need to take into consideration.

Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] convert relationship one-to-many to many-to-many safely’ is closed to new replies.