Skip Navigation

[Closed] Controlling repeated fields without Views

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Binns 11 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

The documentation shows a way of controlling the output of repeated fields, but it appears to require Views.
Is there any way of doing it without Views?

I am putting the output from the repeated field into a table cell and I want each field to start on a new line. At the moment the data is being placed immediately after the last string without any kind of line break.

Dear Binns,

How are you doing the output the repeating fields?

Regards,
Caridad

The code is this:
<tr>
<td><?php echo(types_render_field("company-description"));?></td>
<td><?php echo(types_render_field("assignment-activity"));?></td>
</tr>

Dear Binns,

You can use things like the separator parameter, try with:

<?php echo types_render_field("company-description", array("separator" => "<br />")); ?>

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards,
Caridad

Excellent, thankyou. I really think you should expand the documentation a little on the Type Fields API page to indicate the various ways that the types_render_field function can be used.

The topic ‘[Closed] Controlling repeated fields without Views’ is closed to new replies.