Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Contract database?

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

So I am not sure the best way to do this so I figured I would ask really quick.

I need to make a database of basic agreements for users to sign.

Lets say there are 3 contracts of terms every user needs to agree to. I need to be able to go back and find each agreement and when they clicked the I agree button so it needs to save the whole document.

I know there is no way to actually capture a signature so for now I will roll with just a check mark in a box that says I agree. The users will need to be able to go to a page and see the available contracts to sign and the contracts they signed and the date they signed them.

I see this as a child post type called contracts with a parent type for every contract I need. Author field to pull the list for the user.

Any other advise here?

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Ted,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. You will need 3 Post Types in this case - Contracts, People, Agreements. And this could be done using Many-to-many relationships, the closest example I can find is here (A Car Rental Website):
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-post-type-relationships/

Many-to-many relationships in Toolset doc:
https://toolset.com/documentation/toolset-training-course/part-9-many-to-many-relationships-in-toolset/

I hope it will help you achieve desired setup.
Thank you

I did see this post. This seems to be meant for non users. Why would I need a post type for people when the user has an account already and I am just trying to track that user.

I also am not sure how this would let me create a completely different contract for each user. If I had a post type called contracts and someone clicked create new. Is there a way to have it make them select from a list and then based on their selection they would get that contracts content to read and sign? Then they could go back and click create new again and select a different contract the second time?

Noman
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Ted,

Users have limited possibilities in terms of the relations it can have with a Post Type. That's why we suggest using a middle relational 3rd post type called People.

1. I have some confusion here, Contracts and Agreements are same thing in your case or these are two different things?

2. Add New Contract >> we are talking that users should be able to do sign contracts from the frontend of the page, right? In this case we will be using Toolset CRED forms which allows to create or edit contracts (posts) for the users: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/#cred-topics

If you can provide us link to your site where we can see your setup or what you have so far that would help us to proceed faster. You can create Contracts and other needed post types, dummy users and some dummy data so that we can work together to get some results.

Thank you

Contracts and agreements are the same thing. Sorry if that confused you.

I do not have this set up yet I am trying to make sure I do it the best way which is why I am asking here.

Think of it as a bunch of text and a button called I agree with the date. When they click it I need it to show they agreed to it and when. If you had a field to capture signature that would be awesome. I hope that is not too far away since many similar products to yours have that already.

There will be 3-4 agreements and I need to record who signs them and when. I do not want you to do it for me I just want advice.

Hopefully this makes things more clear.

Ted

Shane
Supporter

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ted,

As Noman is currently on vacation I will be handling this ticket.

The terms and condition message. When should this appear on a page for a user ?

Also an implementation of this will require some amount of custom code which would be out of the scope of our support forum.

However understanding exactly what you want to achieve should allow me to point you in the right direction.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.