Skip Navigation

[Resolved] conditional display of custom field not working in divi global module

This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Wim

@shane: this is the issue described as before

I am trying to: display a conditional custom field in a divi global text module.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: under development, i can private send an url and credentials if needed

I expected to see: the value of the custom field

Instead, I got: I see the shortcode of the custom field

If I enter the conditional shortcode in a global divi text module the conditional display does not work. It renders the shortcode inside the condition. If I enter exactly the same code in a normal Divi text module it works. However i need the global textmodule to prepare it for future changes.

Hope the issue is clear like this?

Kind regards,

Wim

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I'll enable the private fields so that you can share the credentials of your site with me.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks for the credentials, I was able to see the issue and I find it quite strange. I believe this issue should be brought to the Divi devs attention since this work fine in a non-global container.

Some code inside the global container could be throwing off the execution of the shortcode.

Thanks,
Shane

Wim

OK, I will bring it to the Divi devs and hope they dont send me back to you ;), can i leave this open untill i get an answer from them?

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Yes the ticket will remain open for at 30 days if there are no responses. You will also get a notification from our system if the ticket is going too long without a response.

Thanks,
Shane

Wim

Ok, i will remove the ftp account and wp admin login for now.

Shane
Supporter

No problem, also no need to respond until there is information from the divi team.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.