Skip Navigation

[Resolved] compatibility problem with Access role levels

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Compatibility issue with "WPC-Client" and Toolset access plugin.

Solution:
There is the compatibility issue with "WPC-Client" and Toolset access plugin while editing user profile once you change the custom role from one level to another.

You can find proposed solution with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/compatibility-problem-with-access-role-levels/#post-409753

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author
2016-06-15.png

This thread got closed because I was busy and let it go too long:

://wp-types.com/forums/topic/front-end-access-to-cred-forms/

I'm still having exactly the same problems - although I just updated to the most recent versions of everything today.

My issue is that if I try to change the Access level for a 3rd-party role, then my front-end customers lose the ability to edit their own profile through that 3rd-party plugin. When I restore their profile editing right through the 3rd-party plugin, the Access level for their role goes back to undefined. (The 3rd-party plugin is WP-Client)

This is compounded by the fact that when I try to change the Access capabilities for a particular CRED form, the SAVE button will not work - it just spins and spins, and the new check-boxes are NOT saved.

When Minesh was helping me with this issue before, he asked me to send a snapshot using Duplicator. I tried to do this - but I was unable to make the snapshot - I'm uploaded the screen shot of the error message from Duplicator. I think this might be because I don't have enough room on my website to do a backup?

Is there any other way to proceed with this issue? It is causing me huge problems on my website!

Thanks so much.

Elise

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Is it possible for you to provide us test site with the exact copy of your live site?

Please let me know what else you need.

Thanks!

Elise

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - a test site and step by step info to reproduce your issue so that I should reproduce that on my local.

Minesh
Supporter

Regarding CRED settings not saved. Could you please increase value of PHP setting for "max_input_vars" to 3000.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10303714/php-max-input-vars
-- Please contact your server admin to update above setting.

Now, I do really need snapshot of your site using duplicator or test site with 1:1 copy of your live site as to troubleshot things on live site is not recommended. Could you please contact your server authority if they may help you to create duplicator package.

okay - I increased the max_input_vars to 3000 ... and will check to see if that worked for saving the Access settings.

And what if I give you permission to work on the real site rather than a test site? I know it's not recommended ... but it's possible, isn't it?

I'm just worried that it's going to take me forever to figure out the duplicator thing .. .it's already taken well over a month since you asked me to do it ...

Elise

I was on chat with my server and they said they can't help me with Duplicator as it is "out of their scope"

Minesh
Supporter

I'm escalating this ticket to our next level support. Please be patient, wait for a reply from them and they will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Minesh
Supporter

After reviewing the "WPC-Client" plugin code we found that wpc capabilities:

-  wpc_delete_assigned_files
-  wpc_delete_uploaded_files
-  wpc_reset_password
-  wpc_view_profile
-  wpc_modify_profile

If you would like to change the level of roles, you need to add custom capability after level will be changed.

Following capabilities will be enough to modify profile:

- wpc_view_profile
- wpc_modify_profile 

To modify that - navigate to:
=> Toolset => Access Control => Custom roles Tab
=> Select your RONLENAME
=> Click on "change permissions"
=> Click on "custom capabilities" tab
=> check mark the capabilities for the profile

Thank you SO MUCH!

Changing the max_input_vars to 3000 seems now to allow me to save my setting for the CRED forms in Access.

But more importantly - using the wpc capabilities that you discovered has allowed me to set the Access Level for my WP Client custom role and add those capabilities - and everything works the way I would like now.

Thanks SO much for figuring that out for me! Much appreciated!!!!

Elise

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.