Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Classifieds Reference Site – CRED Edit form not clearing content display first

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MichelleM5160 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Serhii Salii.

Author
screenshot - dog listing edit form - duplicated from original and just CPT used changed.jpg
screenshot - ad listing edit form - original.jpg

I am trying to: duplicate the Ads views, layouts and forms for my custom post type Dogs (as when I tried to just rename Ads to Dogs, nothing linked up any more)

I visited this URL: hidden link (having clicked through on the 'Edit' link at the bottom of the listing on page hidden link)

I expected to see: The CRED edit form for my dog record

Instead, I got: The dog listing first then the CRED form underneath

I created the 'Edit' link on the listing page by copying and pasting the code from the row "Administrator Menu - Edit, Delete etc" in the Ad Single layout then just changing

[cred_link_form form="Edit product" text="Edit" target="_self" class="listing-edit-button"]

to

[cred_link_form form="Edit Dog" text="Edit" target="_self" class="listing-edit-button"]

and as far as I can see there isn't any way in the CRED form setup to specify clearing the screen before displaying.

Can you explain why my version of the layout and form do not behave in the same way as the ones that came pre setup with the reference site

By the way - is there a way of just renaming the Listings custom post type to Dogs and have all the views, layouts and forms still work? I was hoping that using a reference site would speed up my site set up but it is incredibly laborious to duplicate everything, especially as there are so many interrelationships and I have to skip from creating a layout to creating a view to creating a form and I feel like I'm tying myself in knots!!

Thanks

Hello, Michelle.

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Please check, does the issue also persist with a WordPress Default Theme or our Toolset Starter Theme and NO Plugins BUT the Toolset Plugins?

If it fixes the issue, you can switch back to your theme and try to create a new clear page, add CRED form to it without anything else:

[cred_form form='123' form_name='Edit Book Form' post='[wpv-search-term param="post_id"]']

Don’t forget to change 123 to your actual CRED form ID.

Than, replace CRED edit link with link to this page. However, you need to pass URL param: ‘post_id’

<a href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>">Edit</a>

When I change the theme to Twenty Sixteen and go to the same custom post and click on Edit, I am taken to the usual WordPress editing screen ie. in the dashboard, not the CRED form at the front end.

Hello, MIchelle
Did you tried to insert shortcode crea_form ti new page and replace CRED edit links with links to that page as I suggested you in previous reply?

I didn't get as far as your follow on instructions because your first suggestion was to go back the the default theme and see if it fixed the issue but doing that didn't fix the issue

As your subsequent instructions were to be carried out IF switching did fix the issue, I didn't carry them out but rather reported back to you that switching hadn't fixed the issue.

IF THEN ELSE 🙂

However in the meantime, having run into so many other problems I've completely rebuilt the site and instead of creating a new custom post type 'Dogs' I am using the Listings one that came with the reference site and am now in the long slow process of adding all my extra custom fields to all the various views, templates, layouts etc.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.