Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cant select Fullwidth in theme options in divi for Archive

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: set the Archive Page to Fullwidth without sidebar

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: a fullwidth layout

Instead, I got: sidebar layout

Hi, let me reach out to my 2nd tier support for some clarification here. Now that Divi integration has been added into the main plugins, I'd like to be sure I'm giving you the best information. Please stand by and I will update you as soon as I have some more info.

Hi, a CSS solution may be the best here. To apply this change to all archive pages, please add the following code to a child theme's style.css file, or to the Customizer's "Additional CSS" panel:

/*** Expand the content area to fullwidth ***/
@media (min-width: 981px){
  .archive #left-area {
    width: 100%;
    padding: 23px 0px 0px !important;
    float: none !important;
  }
}
/*** Hide Sidebar for archive pages ***/
.archive #sidebar {display:none;}

/*** Take out the divider line between content and sidebar ***/
.archive #main-content .container:before {background: none;}

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue completely and will take another look.

Yes this will resolve the issue, but isnt it possible to ad the fullwidth option like in the single post view for archives as well? would be the much better way i think.

Based on the information I was given, Toolset does not add any theme options here, we only integrate the theme options provided by Divi. In this case, Divi did not provide the full-width option, so we do not include it for archives.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.