Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can’t disable sidebar in archive page and strange elements on the page

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am using the Divi theme, and I would like to remove the sidebar from my WordPress Archive to achieve a full-width archive page.

Solution: Unfortunately Divi does not provide a simple option to remove the sidebar from WordPress Archive pages. An article on Divi's site describes a CSS solution for this problem, but it may require some assistance from Divi support.

Relevant Documentation:
https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/divi-resources/how-to-remove-sidebars-from-divi

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sauliusD 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to disable sidebar and edit design of archive page: hidden link. After disabling sidebar on Archive page hidden link all elements of archive dissapears but the area of sidebar is the same. there is no posibility to make content fullwidth

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Hi, unfortunately Divi does not provide an external theme option for creating full-width archives, so you won't find the theme option available in Toolset's WordPress Archives. You can achieve a full-width archive with Divi by creating your own custom full-width archive PHP template in a child theme, or you can try to apply a CSS solution. I found this article on the Divi site that claims to be able to help suppress the sidebar globally:
https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/divi-resources/how-to-remove-sidebars-from-divi
If you find that it works, I can help you implement it for specific archives if you'd like. Let me know.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.