Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot create views for 'Event' post type from another plugin – Events Calendar

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to: create a view to display Events under only this particular Event Category after I installed the events calendar plug-in. But as I can create the loop but the events are not showing in the view.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: list of 'Event' posts by the Taxonomy 'Event Category'

Instead, I got: no items found

Whenever you receive the string "No Items Found" in a View Loop in the front end the issue is as follows:

1. The View does correctly try to query the Post type you set in the View's Query Section
2. It also receives some posts
3. But the Query Filter itself is configured in a way, that returns no results.

This means, your Posts (events) are not matching what you set in "Query Filter)

To debug it:
1. Go to the View, and remove all Query Filters, conditions and Parametric Filters
2. Insert something simple (like Post Title) in the View Loop
3. Insert the View to a new page
4. Check the Results

If you have some events, now they should show

Then, you can introduce one Filter a time.
Every time, you check the front end for the results.

When the "No Items found" returns you will also have found the culprit Filter that breaks the view.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.