Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot create or edit custom post type in 1.9

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
With 1.9, if you try to create or edit a CPT you created with types, it takes a long time and the browser times out with a script error.

Solution:
This was an issue with Types 1.9 and already was fixed in Types 1.9.1
So, please update Types to the latest version.

Relevant Documentation:https://toolset.com/errata/infinite-javascript-loop-post-field-group-editing-pages/

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christee 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
CallStack2.PNG
CallStack1.PNG

All plugins are disabled except Types.

With 1.9, if I try to create or edit a CPT I created with types, it takes a long time and the browser times out with a script error.

This worked fine before 1.9 - now I am blocked from making changes to my site. Is there a way to go back to the prior version?

Types conditional.js is the last thing on the call stack before jquery. See screen shots for details.

Please help! Thanks.

There are 2 possibilities.

1. Either you experience this Time Out on a Post Edit Interface, not only in the Fields Group Edit Interface, and then you most certainly deal with this issue:
https://toolset.com/errata/infinite-javascript-loop-post-field-group-editing-pages/

2. You experience this ONLY on the Field's Edit Interface and the Browser warns you that there is a Script that can not be executed, and asks you to either proceed or abort, then you deal with another issue most certainly due to a Fields Group of many Fields in it.
This was solved in past by increasing the max_input_vars to 1000

3. To instal a prior version you can grab the 1.8.11 from here:
https://toolset.com/home/types-manage-post-types-taxonomy-and-custom-fields/developers/

This is the less recommended solution.

Please let me know if the above solution works for you, I look forward to your reply!

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Beda,

Thank you for your reply.

The issue does sound similar to the case you mention, but the workaround does not work for me, so it seems it is different.

The proceed or abort error you mention in item 2 sounds the same, but the Fields Group has only 4 fields, so that sounds different.

Do you think looking at it yourself might be useful?

Thanks!
Christee

Yes, we are meanwhile aware that some users reported failure on applying the workaround and our DEV is on this.

I need a site's snapshot to ensure full coverage of all cases.

We usually recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

Please could you provide me the additional Infos?

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Beda,

It turns out 1.9.1 solved the issue! 🙂

Thank you for your help,
Christee

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.