Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can Types and Views do this?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by toby 11 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

I was refereed to take a look at this plug in from another forum. Before I spend anymore money on anything, I have to make sure its going to do what I want.

Here's what I got.

I want to display post from a database on the phpmyadmin. The database is populated by another wordpress plug-in (all events calendar).

Basically, what I want to do, Is make a drop down on the front end for a used to be able to filter listings by "state"

Its pretty simple stuff, but seems no body knows how to do it.

Will this allow me to do that?

Dear Toby,

You will be able to create Views for any type of post, even if its created by another plugin.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards,
Caridad

Okay, I purchased the program...Now I need to be able to have a column named from the database that I already have. I do not see this option and currently it is making me go through...add a new "custom Type" to each one of my previously generated "custom post types". I absolutely do not want to go through over 100 custom post and add this silly custom type variable to them. This is not doing what I asked. Can I not simply tell views...to look at a table in my database and let me sort by the column that is already in my table that is in my database?

I am moving a making a more direct question in the Paid support forum

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.