Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to use DIVI and Toolset?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem

Can we use Toolset and DIVI together, and if so, how?

Solution

We provide an extended integration with DIVI theme, which results in DIVI being „Custom Post Type Ready“.

This means you can create Templates for your content created with Toolset, using the Visual Composer DIVI ships with.

The steps are outlined in the below linked DOC

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by carmineM 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
add-divi-to-a-post-field-group-.jpg

Hey team,
I'm not a programmer. So, I want to use divi to design everything. I'm running into a problem and I would like to ask if how I would like to build is achievable with Toolset and divi.

I was able to modify the divi project post type by using only a content template that was built using divi. That was great. But I ran into two problems.

1. In order for the content template to work I needed to select 'use the divi builder' when creating a project. Otherwise it would default to the divi layout. That seemed odd. Should this be like this?
2. Part of the design i'd like to achieve contains a gallery using a divi module. Can I use Toolset to add a divi 'field'? Sound a bit far out to me.

PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE UPLOAD TO UNDERSTAND THESE ITEMS...
Add Divi to a post field group?

1. Add a a field group and
2. get divi as an option.
3. When adding a new post/project the divi editor be present where I have chosen a 'global divi layout' with the design all set up.

The more I type the more I believe this isn't possible. But is their any way to add a divi designed gallery to a post?

With Best Regards,

-Carmine

In order for the content template to work I needed to select 'use the divi builder' when creating a project. Otherwise it would default to the divi layout. That seemed odd. Should this be like this?

I am not entirely sure I fully understand, but if you refer to the fact that to have a DIVI Builder designed Content Template, you need to "use the Divi builder" when editing the Content Template, then yes, that is expected.

Its the exact point of this integration:
- to be able to design Content Templates with the DIVI builder
- to be able to later assign these Content Templates to many posts, hence, design once and use several times.

The part of the "DIVI Field" is definitively not possible at the moment.

I can file a feature request for this, although I think it is a little far-fetched since this would help only one kind of user:
The ones using DIVI.
But I cannot decide this, I will let the Developers have their word too.

For how to build Content Templates in general with DIVI here we have a large DOC:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/

To create a Gallery, I am not sure how DIVI does that, but you can basically add any module to your Content Template since you will be using DIVI Builder.
Whether or not you can use Toolset ShortCodes (image fields for example) to populate a DIVI gallery remains to test, as we do not integrate with those functions explicitly.
We allow to use DIVI things on our Content Templates, print and insert our ShortCodes within DIVI Modules, but only where possible and allowed by DIVI itself.

So If DIVI modules provide support for shortcodes populating their gallery, then this most likely should work, however, it's not what the integration is designed for.
The integration is designed so to allow users creating Content Templates using DIVI builder, which according to my tests works correctly.

Are there any immediate technical issues or how to questions I can help you with?

Beda,
you said: "I am not entirely sure I fully understand, but if you refer to the fact that to have a DIVI Builder designed Content Template, you need to "use the Divi builder" when editing the Content Template, then yes, that is expected."

I mean that for a post to display a content template made w/divi I would have to select 'use the divi builder' WHEN CREATING THE POST. Sorry for not being clear.

Thanks for your time.
With Best Regards,

-Carmine

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.