Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can I use cred with Google maps?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: Place a form - where customer will enter address and it will find the place on google maps + then he can measure the place and it will says how large the place is + sends all data to us

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jan

Toolset comes with a Maps integration, and it has specific abilities (described here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/).

You can add an address custom field to a post which is tied to Google Maps and its geocoding and places API.

A user enters an address in an address field and Types will retrieve the correctly formatted address from Google and store that, as well as the coordinates for the location, and it will display the location on a map.

The experience is the same whether your users enter addresses in the back end (on a post edit screen) or on the front end using a CRED form.

That's it as far as data entry is concerned.

In terms of displaying the address, Views provides additional options, such as displaying a list of posts with addresses as markers on a map.

The first part of your question is covered by this, but "then he can measure the place and it will says how large the place is" is not something you can do with Toolset Maps.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but in any case, you are looking at a bespoke solution for something such as this. We maintain a list of certified partners (link at the bottom of these pages) who would be able to help you with this.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.