Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can I hide Module Manager on sidebar when posting new content?

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robertN-6 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: hide module manager

Is there a way to hide the module manager from the sidebar when posting new content? Or at least make it only visible to admin. Regular users shouldn't see this box.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Robert,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Actually this is not something that can be natively achieved with toolset but you can do this with the Adminimize plugin.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks.

Not sure what the intention of this plugin is, user-experience wise I mean. If I have the plugin installed and a client is using the site to make posts they will see this tool every time although they would never use it. It would be a tool mostly for the site admin to use.

Am I missing something? Just seems like the design of having this plugin show up every time is just not needed. Would like to see a way to hide it, maybe per user role. Anyways, just my 2 cents.

Adminimize looks amazing by the way! Thanks!

I guess the only way this makes sense to me is that you install the plugin, do an export/import then disable it. Maybe I'll use it that way. Module Manager doesn't need to be installed or activated once the import is complete, correct? Once done it's out of the picture I think.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.