Skip Navigation

[Resolved] call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Junichiro Taira 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Sorry. I could solve this issue after I update PHP version from 5.3 to 5.6 .

------
Issue: Warning message shows when I click Front-end layout Editor on top-admin bar.
"Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, first array member is not a valid class name or object in /home/users/1/lolipop.jp-68551e5a295e1aeb/web/wp-content/plugins/layouts/classes/wpddl.registered_cell.class.php on line 199"

Please tell me what I should do.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

You get that warning only after you upgrade from PHP 5.3 to PHP 5.6, is that correct?

Is it affecting the functionality of your site or you just see the warning in your debug logs?

I don't see any such warning when I switch to PHP 5.6 and include the same plugins and theme as you are using.

We have new versions of the Toolset plugins, including Layouts, currently in testing which should be released later this week.

If you are only seeing this warning in your debug log but it does not appear to affect your site functionality then I suggest we wait for the new version of Layouts to be published and if you still see the problem then I can take a copy of your site for testing. Does that sound okay?

I had warning message when I'm using PHP5.3 .
So I update to PHP5.6. Then this message is gone.

And I found out another issue...
When I move to Layouts "Header and Footer". And edit it & push save button.

This message appear...
"There was an error during the ajax request, make sure the data you send are in json format."

What should I do ???

It's no problem to update "Layouts > Layout for Pages".
So I think only "Header & Footer" has issue...

Nigel
Supporter

I think it might be easiest if I can see the problem myself and try to replicate it on my local server by making a duplicate of your site for testing.

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site, even though I don't intend to make any changes other than to temporarily add a backup plugin to take a snapshot of the site.

Nigel
Supporter

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 11.32.08.png

Hi there

I noticed on your site when I tried to save any changes to the header & footer layout which generates the error you reported that the browser dev tools report a slightly different error, see the screenshot which shows that the ajax request is being denied (a 403 error).

I took a duplicate of your site and installed it locally to test and I didn't have any problems editing and saving the header and footer layout, so the issue must be connected to your server (and the possible security settings you have).

Do you have a firewall in place?

Thank you so much !!! My new server has WAF.
I killed this function.
My issue is resolved

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.