Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Bug – Edit with DIVI Building not available for archive page customisation

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by John Crumpton 6 years, 9 months ago.

Author

I can customise my single CPT, for example adding a H1 and coloured header bar for "News", however I can't do this with the Archives page for that same CPT!

I had expected to see the Edit with Divi Builder option for the whole archive page template, not just the loop item. This seems like a fundamental missing feature with DIVI. I can't add a page heading or the same header from single posts.

Under "How to develop Layouts-based themes" https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/develop-layouts-based-themes/ it shows "Archive page" with Visual Editors [wpv-archive-title] to allow you to add page titles and header styling, so it must have been envisaged by the dev team. It's just missing for DIVI users.

You can add some items the top in the "Filter Editor" such as a H1 but you can't export you page title header layout from single and copy this into the archive. I have to now manually make the archive-news.php and single-news.php in my child theme.

I couldn't edit the title of this ticket (typo) so I opened a new issue. This is not resolved though 🙂

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/bug-edit-with-divi-builder-editor-not-available-for-archive-page-customisation/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.