Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conflict with theme slider

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The fade animation on a qode slider does not work when Toolset plugins active.

Solution:
Disable Bootstrap in Toolset > Settings.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Ok more bugs and issues with this plugin.

We are not at an approximate loss of $3700 in time with this plugin. We would normally ask for some type of compensation, but our team has opted to do a review of this plugin instead. Our viewership will be approximately 2 million in the web development community. Our rating will be 2.5 out of 5 stars. I think that is fair given the great loss we have endured. Also, we hope to prompt you to fix this plugin, and to possibly save others the trouble we have endured. Sorry if this upsets you, but we had a meeting and we think this is a fair solution. Your input is welcome on this matter.

Our latest issue is that your plugin interferes with our themes slider.

Slider shortcode:
[qode_slider slider='home' auto_start='true' animation_type='slide' slide_animation='6000' height='315' responsive_height='yes' anchor='' show_navigation_arrows='yes']

As soon as you replace 'slide' with 'fade' for animation_type, the slider disappears. When we disable the toolset plugins, fade function works.

Slider page: hidden link

So, we have a bug and we need this fixed within 24 hrs. We need the fade function to work and your plugin is the cause. Pls let us know when fixed.

Regards

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Derrick

I suggest you write to our support leader, Amit Kvint, at amit.k@onthegosystems.com with your wider issues.

We handle support threads in the order that they are submitted and have procedures in place for evaluating and handling reported issues, and for a compatibility issue with a 3rd party product that may require the cooperation of the plugin author it is unlikely we will be able to resolve the issue in 24 hours, I'm afraid.

I have obtained a copy of the Bridge theme from our Compatibility Team and so I can try and reproduce the issue locally.

I'm not familiar with the slider, so you'll have to tell me how you have set yours up so that I can reproduce the problem.

I have created a slider in the Dashboard at Qode Slider > Sliders and then created some slides at Qode Slider > Slides and then added them to this slider.

I have copied the text for the shortcode, published a test page to view the slider, and in the Qode General options section of that page inserted the shortcode for the Qode slider.

The slider displays on the front end, transitioning from one image to the next.

What do I need to do next?

Ok i fixed the issue.

I checked "The theme or another plugin is already loading Bootstrap 3.0" and it fixed the issue.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Thanks for confirming.

The fade option worked on my test site, which has that setting.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.