Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Buddypress with Layouts

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Are there any Cells available to display BuddyPress contents?

Solution:
BuddyPress has hardcoded templates and we can not take over those stylings.

What you can do (but it is not supported natively) is uncomment a line in our Plugin (Layouts Plugin), that will bring up few more Cells in Layouts, wich are BuddyPress related.

Those can then be used to customize Layouts using BuddyPress Contents.

The instructions about this are here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/buddypress-pages-not-using-layouts/#post-360435

But this is not a supported part of Layouts.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jonathanE-2 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I'm trying to use layouts for styling and I'm using the Buddypress plugin. I'm using the twentysixteen theme. The Buddypress pages (e.g., membership list, and profile pages) don't use laytouts but instead just use the default twentysixteen theme layout. I see this question has been asked before but I'm wondering if there's any plan to support this.

As in the other threads elaborated, BuddyPress has hardcoded templates and we can not take over those stylings.

What you can do (but it is not supported natively) is uncomment a line in our Plugin, that will bring up few more Cells in Layouts, wich are BuddyPress related.

Those can then be used to customize Layouts using BuddyPress Contents.

The instructions about this are here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/buddypress-pages-not-using-layouts/#post-360435

I apologise that we can not integrate this more with those plugins.

That thread doesn't really explain how to add Buddypress content to the cell. In Layouts I can create a cell for buddypress content but how do I add the various buddypress content items to that cell? Specifically a searchable list of members and a display of an individual member.

We do not provide Documentation on this as the usage of those Cells is at your own risk and knowledge, we just left them there, but they are deprecated and not supported anymore, neither maintained actively.

What you can do with the Cells is use them for the specific functionality they are designed for.
They have a GUI that explains the settings and what is displayed with.

So you can choose 2 options of BuddyPress Components:
- Activity
- Members

This will simply display what BuddyPress outputs for those.
There are no additional settings in Layouts for this Cell.

This is as far we can offer integration with BuddyPress.

Hi Beda,

There's really no need to use those Cells. While you don't support the Buddypress pages, you do support plugins which provide shortcodes for content display (you can just put the shortcode in a visual editor cell). There are various plugins that provide shortcodes for displaying Buddypress content. For example: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bowe-codes/

Thanks,
Jon

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.