Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Extra break < br / > tags keep getting added automatically – can’t remove

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Break tags are being added to my content automatically and I would like to remove them.

Solution: In the Visual Editor, make sure you have checked "Disable automatic paragraphs" then remove the
tags from the HTML panel and save again.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by J S 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

J S
Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 8.50.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 8.51.10 AM.png

I am trying to: Make a Custom Field display inside of a Bootstrap Collapse or Accordian. It works but when I paste the following code inside of the Visual Editor cell as html and save the layout, the layout that is generated adds extra space around the Title. When I re-open the editor, there are </ br> tags before and after the title text. I remove them and resave but they reappear on their own. How do I fix this?

<div class="panel-group" id="accordion" role="tablist" aria-multiselectable="true">
    <div class="panel panel-default">
        <div class="panel-heading" role="tab" id="heading1">
            <h4 class="panel-title">
                <a class="collapsed" data-toggle="collapse" data-parent="#accordion" href="#collapse1" aria-expanded="false" aria-controls="collapse1">
                    View Policy/Description
                </a>
            </h4>
        </div>
        <div id="collapse1" class="panel-collapse collapse" role="tabpanel" aria-labelledby="heading1">
            <div class="panel-body">
                <p>[types field='policy-description'][/types]
</p>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>
Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 9.51.06 AM.png

Hi can you try the following steps:
- In your Visual Editor, switch to the "HTML" tab instead of the Visual tab
- Delete any unwanted <br /> tags
- Be sure to check "Disable automatic paragraphs" as shown in the screenshot attached
- Save and test again

Let me know the results of these steps.

J S

"Disable automatic paragraphs" did the trick! Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.