Skip Navigation

[Waiting for user feedback] Black screen on Editing item/s

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author

Hello,

The site we have was developed by other provider and we just took over the support and maintenance.

One of the functionality of the site is to have a Member site that displays their info.

The problem that we have now is that we can't edit (can't add as well) any member. We only get a white screen when we click Edit.

I'm new on WordPress and not familiar with the issue.

Appreciate if you can provide assistance.

Thanks.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

To know what is the error behind the white screen, I'd appreciate it if you can enable WordPress debug.

Would you please access your website files and edit the "wp-config.php" file on the root folder of your WordPress installation and add the code below into the file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

Please add the code above the line below:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

For more information:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

But from what I see it might be a problem that we have with the new version of WordPress, so I suggest that you install the Patch version that we have at the moment here:

https://toolset.com/errata/block-editor-failing-to-open-for-some-pages/

Make sure you have a backup of the website before doing so and see if it fixes the issue for you.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for the immediate response.
However, both didn't fix the issue.

I tried first the adding of lines on wp-config file but that didn't work.

I went to the link for the patch and downloaded Views patch. On installation, it always tells me that the link has expired.
I'm not sure if the issue on link expired is with our wp settings, if you can advise.

Appreciate your help.

Regards.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

The patched version is just the normal blocks or views toolset plugin zip files.

if the normal upload system does not work for your installation please upload the contents of the files to wp-content/plugins/NAME OF THE PLUGIN folder. The name might be different depending on you using Views plugin or Blocks plugin.

If you still have an issue, I suggest that you create a copy of the website and provide us with the login information by setting the next reply as private so we can investigate.

Thanks.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you for the login information. I checked and could enter a member entry and do a change with no issue. Would you please check this video and tell me if I did something wrong here?

hidden link

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for checking on this.
Yeah, I tried the staging site and it's working. However, the actual site is not.

I'm thinking this might be related to our server running CWP. What do you think should I check?

This was actually a site running on cPanel but was moved to CWP.

Appreciate your advise and help.

Regards.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

I do not have enough information to judge if it would be the issue or not.

Maybe if you can contact the hosting service provider and ask them for help? Maybe an error log that can help us identify why the issue is happening.

Thanks,