Skip Navigation

[Resolved] background image (image-field) on DIVI

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I need to use an image field in background image. I try a lot but nothing works. I read the topics posted on the same topic but none gives a solution.
Would you have a solution

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 11.01.57.png

Hi Zorab

It is not possible to use a Types field as the source of an image if you try to set the background image on a Divi module using Divi's own options.

Here's how you can get it to work.

You'll need to know the CSS selector for the element you want the background image to appear on, e.g. the class .et_pb_row_0

Then, insert a text module, and add a style element to that text module containing a CSS rule to add the background image, using the wpv-post-field shortcode to output the Types image field URL.

See my screenshot for an example of how to do that.

Note you may want to add additional CSS rules relating to positioning of the background image, see hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.