Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Avada Fusion Builder for Content Template

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screenshot-2017-10-29 Edit Content Template.png

Hi.

Just checking out the new Fusion Builder integration for 'Content Templates' - but the builder don´t show up as usual.

Do I miss something?

Please see the screenshot attached.

Thx / Sascha

Hi, can you try the following troubleshooting steps first?
- Clear your browser cache, log out and log back in
- Temporarily disable all plugins except Fusion Builder and Toolset
- Temporarily activate the parent Avada theme

If the problem was resolved, reactivate the plugins and child theme one by one until a conflict is revealed.
If the problem was not resolved, can you tell me what version of the Avada parent theme is installed?
Also please let me know what kind of Content Template you are attempting to edit here. Is it applied to a post type or archive, or is it applied to a Loop?

Hi Christian.

Sadly - that don´t change the way it acts. Couldn´t tell You more right now - it´s the only WP installation we´re using Toolset right now.

Cheers / Sascha

Couldn´t tell You more right now - it´s the only WP installation we´re using Toolset right now.
Okay, when you have access to wp-admin, please follow the instructions below.

You should be able to find the Avada parent theme version in wp-admin by going to Appearance > Themes, then hover your cursor over the parent Avada theme and click "Theme Details". A version number will appear. Please let me know that version number.

You can determine the type of Content Template by going to Toolset > Content Templates, and finding the Content Template shown in the image you attached earlier. In the middle column, you will be shown some information about what type of Content Template it is.

Please let me know what you find.

Screenshot-2017-11-5 Inhalts-Template bearbeiten ‹ Faunt — WordPress.png

Here it comes:

Avada Parent Version: 5.2.2

For the second part I´ve attached You another screenshot.

Okay thanks, it's unusual that the Fusion Builder button is red - it's blue for me. I'm using the same version of the parent theme and it's working, so there must be something else going on. I think it's probably best for me to try to create a clone of your site and run some additional tests locally without causing any problems on your live site. I could install the Duplicator plugin and begin those tests, if you approve. Please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here.

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 11.52.09 AM.png

Hi, the wp-admin page isn't appearing correctly for me - I see a 404 error and no CSS applied. Can you check please?

My fault - the WP admin URL is correct now...

Got it, thanks. I've made a clone and I'm in the process of installing it locally. I'll update you soon.

Okay after a bit more investigation locally, I was able to replicate the issue on my own environment by changing some settings in the Fusion Builder. I unchecked the FAQ post type and saved the settings, and then I was no longer able to use the Fusion Builder. There's definitely something going on here, so I've escalated this as a compatibility issue to my 2nd tier support team. They will be able to do some more thorough investigation and determine if this there is a workaround or permanent fix available. Please stand by and I will update you when I have their feedback.

Can you try the solution mentioned in this erratum post? I was not aware that this issue has already been investigated:
https://toolset.com/errata/content-templates-are-not-editable-using-fusion-builder-when-allowed-post-types-are-set-in-avada-settings/

Hi Christian.

That work´s well at a first quick look. Thank You!

One more thing before I close the ticket. What 'Duplicator plugin' You used to make a copy of the site? This could be interesting to me / us for cloning the live-site to a dev-site.

Great, glad it's working for you!

I use Duplicator or Duplicator Pro:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
hidden link

The free version is good for most cases, but the Pro version has more features that make it more compatible with different server environments.

Thank You - again!

Screenshot-2017-11-13 Armedangels.png
Screenshot-2017-11-13 Fashion bearbeiten ‹ Faunt - Dev.png
Screenshot-2017-11-13 Edit Content Template ‹ Faunt - Dev.png

Hi Christian.

Hope it´s o.k. to reopen this ticket and ask another question - which is directly attached.

Now that it´s working with the builder I tried to design a first test where I want to build up the single detail view of one of our listed shops like this : hidden link

Until now we used a 'Layout' to makes this output happen.

But this should be possible with a 'Content Template' and the 'Fusion Builder', too - right? Or am I on the wrong track?

What I did is create a standard fusion builder container and add this code in a text-field:

[types field='bild-a' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' size='full' align='none'][/types]

As I safed the template and switched the content template in the shop detail page - the image won´t appear. I have attached You some images to show the different sections.

Important : I did all this on our development site! dev.faunt.de

Thx / Sascha

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.