Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Avada and Toolset conflict on siteground server – 500 error

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gerhardR-2 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luis Sacristán.

Author

I am running Toolset and Avada on a Siteground server and try to use php7. 5.6 words fine, but php 7 resulted in lots of different errors. Whenever i try to edit or create a post there were these kinds of errors.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method WP_Installer::d not be stored in "Select child fields from Child to be displayed in Post Relationship table"

• Fixed options of unsaved checkbox / select / radio fields weren't sortable.
  • Fixed an issue when adding a existing field to another group.
  • Fixed an issue with cursor that was moved automatically to the end of slug input.
  • <h4>1.9</h4>

• Release date: 2016-02-17
    • New: Taxonomy term meta (custom fields for taxonomy).
    • Major upgrade to user interface.
    • Renamed "Custom Fields" to "Post Fields".
    • Added post arguments "show_rest" and "rest_base" to options on post type edit screen.
    • Added ability to rename built-in post types "Posts", "Pages" and "Media".
    • Added new filter "wpcf_exclude_meta_boxes_on_post_type" that allows to exclude own Post Types from wpcf_add_meta_boxes() function in order to avoid adding Types met in /home/leaving2/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/library/otgs/installer/includes/installer.class.php on line 481

I did a lot of experiments these days and was able to narrow it down. I installed Framework Reference installer and module manager and it changed all the weird errors to a 500 error. so i guess it was about some corrupted files from module manager. is that possible?

I found out that the 500 error has to do with Avada and Toolset. I can activate one of them, but not both. Both of them result in the 500 error when trying to edit or create a new post. But no more strange errors.

Luis Sacristán
    Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Hi

Thanks for consulting Toolset Support
    I will be happy to help you with your ticket

In order to debug your site I would like you to share with me your site credentials. You can create a new admin user and delete it when I finish. I will also need your FTP credentials and your permission to deactivate/activate some plugins.

If you prefer I can install your site locally so your live site will not be affected.

Don't worry, I will leave your site as it was.

I am going to make your next reply private so you can share your credentials with me.

Regards
    Luis

Luis Sacristán
    Supporter

Hi

I have been testing locally and I don't get any error, using PHP7. Would you mind to share with me your cPanel error log?

I am going to mark your next reply as private.

Regards
    Luis

Luis Sacristán
    Supporter

Hi

I have found your log errors, they are on /wp-admin folder. You have several core files within it. I am downloading the last one in order to try to get the debug data.

Regards
    Luis

Luis Sacristán
    Supporter

Hi

I have not permissions to get the debug log from /wp-admin/core.40054. Could you mind to ask SiteGround Support to get the gdb result of this core file?

Regards
    Luis

Hello Luis,

thank you so much! I contacted siteground again, which i did many times in the past week. But with the more details now they were able to solve the issue. Here is the solution:

The issue was due to the fact that the opcache variables in your php.ini file were not defined globally.

I added the following line to your .htaccess file, and the issue is now resolved:
    Code:
    SetEnv PHPRC /home/eaving2/public_html/php.ini

i am very impressed by your support and the more i get to know toolset the more i like it!

best regards
    Gerhard

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.