Skip Navigation

[Resolved] associations can't find parent post

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Kelly 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Sure. But, I am confused here. How are you trying to import the data now? With what plugin?
Please record a screencast of your import process and share the CSV that you are using. I really need it if to be able to help.

Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Sure. My email is jamal.b(at)onthegosystems.com

Please reply back here, so I can see this thread in my queue and work on it.

Hi Jamal,
I'm trying to view toolset custom fields and I'm getting:

There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions

Not receiving email about this. Please can you check it.
Thanks

Hi Jamal,
The critical error problems seem to have sorted themselves out.
The only problem now is connecting the parent posts (plants) with their children (complaints) .
I'm under pressure to complete this project, so any help much appreciated.
Thanks

Hi Jamal,
If I can't establish a (parent)plant / (child)complaint relationship, another possibility is to query by the Species id field that is common to both plant and complaint post types. In this case how would I write the shortcode to filter the View by species-id:

[wpv-view name="complaints-list-new-table",  (complaint) species-id= current (plant) species-id] 

Also I would need to remove the current relationship filter - do I need to replace that with another filter (species-id is not a custom field or taxonomy)?
Thanks for your help

Jamal
Supporter

I noticed that the CSV complaints file that you have shared holds the key "toolset_associations_plant-complaint" for associations instead of "_toolset_associations_plant-complaint" starting with an underscore.

Because the old test site has expired, I created a new site, I exported the Types definitions and imported them on it. Then I performed an import and I was able to import more than 700 associations, only 3 associations did not work. Check this screenshot hidden link

Can you correct the key name on your file and try again?

The remaining records(3 records) holds a parent post title with non-HTML characters. Check this screenshot hidden link
The "ó" is not valid HTML. Just like the issue with the&.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

assoc_error.png

Hi, having similar issues when moving to a different domain name. The key for the associate appears to use the full url for the old page. Where is this data kept post import so I can correct it to import the relationships? (I'll search and replace it with the new url!)

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.