Skip Navigation

[Resolved] address marker doesn't show on map while GPS coordinates does

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
no address marker.JPG
address shows on the editing backend.JPG

I am trying to: see two markers on a map, one with address, the other one with GPS coordinates

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: two markers on the map

Instead, I got: i see only the GPS coordinates marker only. the address marker does not show up even though it shows when i edit the post.

if i change the address to GPS coordinates the marker shows on the front end map

please advise,
thanks,

David

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

1)
You must try to create new API key and make sure following APIs are enabled:
- Google Maps Geolocation API
- Google Maps JavaScript API
- Google Places API Web Service

Could you please confirm above APIs enabled and you recreate Google MAP API key.

2)
Could you please create Google map API key without adding any domain name?

Hi Minesh,

1) all is confirmed and a new API key is created - still have the problem.
2) created a non restricted key - and it resolved the issue.

this is not ideal as i want to be able to restrict the key usage and prevent unauthorized use and quota theft.

Please advise,
Thanks,

David

Minesh
Supporter

2) created a non restricted key - and it resolved the issue.
=> Number of user affected with restricted key and they able to resolve this issue with non restricted key.

The issue is from Google not from Toolset as you are creating restricted key with Google and it's not working.

Thanks Minesh,

I have submitted the issue to google.
in cases like this its hard to say who is at fault, every developer believe his code is the best and with no bugs 🙂
i hope to find a solution to this quickly...

Thanks,

David

Minesh
Supporter

Well - please check following link, one of the user like you reported before almost one month back:
=>hidden link

If you search on google, you will find many users affected with the restricted domain with google map API key.

I hope google will focus on this issue and resolve this issue soon.

Hi Minesh,

yes, i have seen this behavior myself. the issue you point to is related to the fact that it take some time for the API key to update and actually be activated.
if the user wait a few minutes and try again the map render properly. the issue is the markers on google map with restricted API key that use address.

please note that if i use GPS coordinates the map render properly with no issue.

so reiterate the markers with GPS coordinates shows on restricted API Key maps. the problem start when i used the address option and not the coordinates.

Thanks,

David

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please try the same without Toolset map plugin with Google Map's Address API with some test page?

HI Minesh,

unfortunately I'm not a developer hence the use of the toolset. I can understand some code but really know how to write one not mention API's.

do you have sample code I can try and use on my site? and some instructions on how to do that without learning how to code?

Please advise,
thanks,

David

Minesh
Supporter

Well - if you search google with google for google map you will find number of examples.

Here are few:
=> hidden link
=> hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.