Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding a checkbox to image gallery

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Kenneth,

Sorry for the delay in response.

This is quite a complex issue however i've setup an example for the countries.
hidden link

This requires quite some advanced knowledge on how view works in order to get the desired results.

Please let me know if this is ok.
I can setup the continent after you've confirmed that this is ok.

Thanks,
Shane

Great work Shane, slideshow on the country page is ok. Please, can you make it work on the continent template too?

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kenneth,

This should now be working.
hidden link

Please let me know if this is ok now.
Thanks,
Shane

View.jpg
Admin options for sliders.jpg

Hello Shane,

thank you for your effort but it seems that sliders are not working as it should work.

The workflow should be as follows:
when you open any of the attraction you can find the section called "Admin Options", there you can manually select (checkboxes) where to display (in what slider - Homepage, Continent, Country, Region) the data from this attraction - (please check the attachment - screenshot "Admin options for sliders")

I think the problem is that all 3 sliders pulling the data (attractions) from the one View called "Testing Regions Slider" and when you add another custom filter (see attachment - screenshot "View") everything falls apart and sliders don't work.

To resume:
every slider has checkboxes to manually select where to display the data from the attraction. For example, an attraction called Chateau du Haut-Koenigsbourg has checked fields for Region slider and Continent slider hidden link

Please message me back if you need more clarification.

Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kenneth,

I've made some modifications to the view so this should be working correctly now.

Can you check on your end and confirm for me?

Thanks,
Shane

slideshow on region template.jpg

Hi Shane,

thank you very much for your assistance and your effort.

I've checked slideshows on continent and country templates and they worked like a charm. But, I think the slideshow on the region template is not working as it should be.
For example: if you go to hidden link slideshow shows, among others, slide from attractions "Covent Garden" and "Royal Ascott Horse Races" even these attractions are excluded from showing (see the attached image).

Can you check it?

Thanks

Hi, Shane is out for the remainder of the week so I'd like to try to get this working correctly. I edited the Inner - attractions of a destination View and added a Query Filter that will test whether or not the Region checkbox is checked. Since this will only be useful in a Regions post, I added that to the title of the View. Now Covent Garden and Royal Ascott Horse Races are no longer displayed in the slider. Can you check and see how that works with the rest of the site? I scanned to see if this View is used anywhere else and I couldn't find it display anywhere except the Region template.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.