Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding a checkbox to image gallery

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author
data.jpg

Hello Shane,

I need your assistance again.

In the View hidden link you've made earlier I need to display related data for this item (name of the attraction, destination, and country) and link the image to open related attraction, see attached image 01.

Right now, when I click on the image it leads me to the home page. Here is the link of the region page, section "Discover" hidden link

Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Kenneth,

So the issue here is that you're trying to get the link of the post that the RFG is attached to.

In this version of views you're not able to get the parent information of the RFG parent.

You will need to click to the attraction from this view.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I really don't understand what to do. Can you help with this, make some example on this View so I can see the options?

Thanks in advanced

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kenneth,

In order to determine what you want to happen I need some information.

If I click on the "Visit Now" button where should it take me ?

For e.g if I click on the button for "L’Astrance" should it take me to the page for "L’Astrance"?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Display box.jpg

Hi Shane,

yes, for instance, when you click on "Visit Now" button or anywhere in the box it should lead to L'Astrance attraction hidden link.

Additional, when you hover your mouse over the box, instead of "Image 01" it should say "L'Astrance" (the name of the attraction), below it, at the left from the comma sign it should display the Destination which Attraction belongs (in this case "Paris") and at the right from the comma sign it should display the Country which Attraction belongs (in this case "France") (see attached image). If you open hidden link in the slider you will find how data are displayed (name of the attraction, below is a destination on the left and country on the right).

Thank you

Hello, Shane is on holiday today and will return tomorrow to continue assisting you.

Ok, thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kenneth,

So I managed to create a good workaround for this scenario.

In your view here
hidden link

I'm calling the view for the "Testing Discover on Region template"

Now i can pass parameters into this view and then retrieve them. So i'm calling the view with.
[wpv-view name="testing-discover-on-region-template" url='[wpv-post-url]' title='[wpv-post-title]']

As you can see i'm passing the url and the title of the current view into the testing discover regions view.

I can then retrieve these parameter values with .
[wpv-attribute name='url'] and [wpv-attribute name='title']

If you look at this view here hidden link

You will see this being done.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Wow, what an elegant solution.

Thanks, I will try to implement your solution on other levels of CPTs. I will get back to you with the results.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you please let me know as soon as you've implemented it.

Thanks,
Shane

displaying destination and country.jpg

Hello Shane,

your solution works like a charm. Thank you again.

Now, I am struggling to implement the information which is supposed to be pulled from a "higher level" of CPTs (destination and country). Can you show me the way how to do this?

Best

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kenneth,

I tried editing the view again but this is as much information that we can get with the given setup.

We are not able to get the country that the attraction is in .

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you, Shane, but it is a shame that we are limited only to display parent and grandparent information. I never thought I will be limited with anything according to Toolset.

Another thing is coming up again: Nigel helped to create a slider on region pages https://toolset.com/forums/topic/displaying-grandparents-grandchild-relationships-in-slider/ but I am some kind of stuck of replicating his solution on Country and Continent pages. Can you help with this too?

Thanks in advanced

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kenneth,

What exactly do you want to display on the Country and Continent pages?

Is it a slider of the attractions ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Exactly! The slider on Country and Continent page. Your colleague Nigel https://toolset.com/forums/topic/displaying-grandparents-grandchild-relationships-in-slider/ came up with the solution with Inner and Outer Views picking up the Attractions by ID's, but this is too complicated, I've tried to implement his solution on Country and Continent pages but with no luck.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.