Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Activate Layouts breaks WooCommerce Shop page. Failed upload. Installed manually

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by richardM-10 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: activate Layouts

I visited this URL:

I expected to see: Shop page as seen on propempo.com

Instead, I got: I believe theme default archive page.

Installing Layouts failed. Then used manual method; upload zip to plugins, extract, activate.

Activating breaks the Woo Shop page. I can provide a link and access to a demo site with the issue. Deactivate Layouts and Shop page works fine.

In admin panel "Layouts" and "Layouts CSS and JS" appear empty. Don't know if anyone tried to use Layouts on this site yet.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Richard,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Yes please provide me with a access to the demo. The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

This way I can have a look to see exactly what wrong.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the credentials.

Will you be creating a custom look for your woocommerce pages ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

This new site will include membership plans to access some tools and resources. Am new to toolset, woo memberships & subscriptions. Just getting started with those pieces. I suspect I will need to customize woo pages but am uncertain at this time.

Do you expect that to be a problem?

Thanks,
Richard

Shane
Supporter

Hi Richard,

If you are planning to use Toolset along with Woocommerce then I would recommend keeping the woocommerce views plugin active.

If not then you can de-activate it and it should allow you to still use Layouts as well as our Views plugin.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Makes sense, but back to my original question, why does enabling Layouts change the woo Shop page? I enabled Layouts to work on other pages. With Layouts disabled the Shop page appears as it currently should.

Simply enabling Layouts changes the Shop page. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks,
Richard

Shane
Supporter

Hi Richard,

This could be a bug or a known issue but you can alleviate this by creating your own custom shop page with our Layouts plugin.

https://toolset.com/learn/create-an-ecommerce-wordpress-site/#free-training-course

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

"A bug or known issue." I see. Being new to Toolset i hadn't realized i needed to schedule designing new product archive and single product pages because i wanted to use Layouts on the site's other pages, as it turns out single product pages also stopped working. Will do.

Thanks for your quick responses.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.