Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Access overrides wp-mail function. WP-SES plugin auto-disables. Need latter.

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 8 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

I am trying to continue using WP-SES plugin which relies on the wp-mail function. I installed Access this week and WP-SES reports the following:

"Another plugin did override wp-mail function. Please de-activate the other plugin if you want WP SES to work properly."

"WP SES - Simple Email Service is not fully activated. Please check it's config: Settings → WP SES."

I have activated the Access plugin but have not enabled any of the check boxes to manage Post types or Taxonomies with it. This means that even "Email Notices" managed by Access is Unchecked.

I would obviously like to use Access but still use WP-SES for my outbound email via Amazon SES. Is there a way I can eliminate the conflict over wp-mail without stopping using WP-SES or deactivate Access?

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum
and for providing the Debug Informations

It seems the two plugins are "biting" each other on the control of the wp-mail function.

I am not entirely sure why this is, as Access does not manage Email Notifications, but determines and lets you decide how and whom to grant access to which functionality of your environment.

In order to solve this, we would need to ensure that this Plugin is made compatible with Toolset Plugins, and would need to contact the Plugin's author and work with him on resolving the issue.

Could you please provide a link to your Plugin's download (or purchase) page as well as contact information (email as example) to the Plugin's author so we can contact him?

We will then contact the author.

I wil enable a special private form for this.

Thank you

Thank you for the contact details you provided.

I will forward the details to our DEV Team and they will check the issue and eventually contact the author, if the issue isn't within our own Product.

Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him, in case we need to.

It would be great if you can also contact the author illustrating him the issue, perhaps he can provide some useful info as well, which can expedite the process.

I will mark this thread as "Pending Development Work", which does not mean that we forget about it.
It's just a different status of the Thread.

Thank you for your patience and pointing us to this issue.

Dear Ivan,

I have been escalated to this thread. I've reported this to our Access development team, they will take care of this shortly. I'll keep you posted.

Unfortunately we can't fix it in Access. That file "wp-includes/pluggable.php" is required for Access. This author is changing WP core functions, that's not good.

Thank you for following up and trying to find a solution Adriano. It's appreciated.

You are welcome.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.