Skip Navigation

[Resolved] 100% Content Template Width with Avada Fusion Builder

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem

How can I choose theme settings when I create Content Templates or Layouts?

Solution

When you use Content Templates (or Layouts if you use Toolset Layouts), then each such Content Template has a settings section below the HTML editor, but only if you use an Integrate Theme as linked below.

These settings allow you to use theme settings even on custom posts, if you set this setting in the Content Template or Layout.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by shenom 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

We´ve created a conten template for our shop detail pages and want them to be displayed in 100% width.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

The picture ontop : hidden link

What is the link to your site?

The picture ontop : hidden link

Content Templates will replace just the_content() part of your theme.

If your theme provides a setting to display the_content() as full width, then this must be set in the Theme.
The Content Template you assign to the posts will then automatically stretch to full width, since the theme will display the_content() as full width.

Toolset Layouts does not anymore take over the entire Template.
Hence, in past, you decided in Toolset > Layouts > Row Style how wide the rows where.
But since we replace just the_content() now, you will not style anymore the entire template with Toolset.

Some Themes, also AVADA, have some Settings directly in the Layouts/Content Template Edit Screens, that let you customize the Theme Settings on this Layout or Content Template.
This is the new way of integrating into themes.

Let the Theme design the template, and Toolset the_content().

Hi Beda.

Got it. But... As You can see in the following screencapture links - this is how Avada is alread set.

Breit / 100% Width : hidden link

Or is there another place to set this?

What I´m missing in the Toolset / Avada Fusion Builder template page is this setting:

hidden link

This seems to explain also - why the following option is missing in the Container section:

Normal site Container settings : hidden link

Toolset / Avada Template Container settings : hidden link

Our operator did some CSS hacks on the site - but that can´t be the way.

Thank You / Sascha

For starters that setting seems related to Page Content, and if this is meant strictly, then this will apply on pages, not on any other post type.
I am not sure what AVADA means by "Page", but by WordPress Terms, a page is a specific post type: "Page".

Second, it seems that setting will not affect anything you build with the builder, and mostly, you will build content templates with the builder, correct?

Now, when you use Content Templates (or Layouts if you use Toolset Layouts), then each such Content Template has a settings section below the HTML editor.
It allows you to choose several ways to display content, and full width is one of them.
They are in the section "Page Content Layout":
Use 100% Width Page
100% Width Padding:

This setting works fine.
Even on custom posts, if you set this setting in the Content Template or Layout.

This is what our integration makes:
It makes AVADA Custom post Type ready.

That is why some settings that apply to certain content only in AVADA can now be used on Custom Post types as well.

Hi.

We´re getting closer! A little bit of history - so You understand the way I / we moved with this:

Before we used the relative new function 'Content Templates' in Toolset with Fusion Builder - we styled the custom-post output via Toolset 'Layouts' and it worked well. So next we changed to the new function - kickin the 'Layouts' part. What worked well too.

Now I´m reactived the Layout and see what You were talking about in Your last reply:

hidden link

There are all the options we need.

But such a part is completly missing in Toolset 'Content Templates' with Fusion Builder:

hidden link

hidden link

What is the my missing piece here? 'Layouts' shouldn´t be neccessary anymore?!

Thank You / Sascha

This is because you use either or Content Templates/Layouts.

If you have Layouts active it's intended to use Layouts.
Content Templates in that case won't present the mentioned settings.

Ahhhh.

The 'Layout' was disabled - better not used for any post type. The final way was to deactivate the 'Layout' plugin itself or for sure delete the not used 'Layout'.

Now the settings show up.

Thx!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.