Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Specific Headers for different taxonomies in Archive Layout?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by justinm-4 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Tia.

Author

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me with the following:

I would like to have specific "Headers", actually different "Slider Revolutions" for different custom post types & taxonomies in the Archive Layout.

So for example, hidden link would have a slider relating to National Teams and hidden link a slider with different images ...

I tried https://wordpress.org/plugins/conditional-tags-shortcode/ with no success.

Is this something Toolset's Conditional Output can help me with ?

Any help would be much appreciated..

Thank you,

Justin

Tia

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. I am happy to help you with this.

Yes, this is possible using custom functions and WordPress native functions. I can give you an example but I have a question:

hidden link

In the above example "team" is the custom post type, correct? Would national-teams be a category, tag, etc?

Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 7.35.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 7.35.15 PM.png

Thank so much Tia,

I guess my custom post type is actually "Past Tours", "Team" would be a Category, and "National Teams" a term of that Category. Not sure why "Past-Tour/" doesn't appear before "Team" ...

Please take a look at the screenshots ..

Let me know if this is confusing and I'll try my best to make thing clearer.

Thanks so Much,

Justin

Tia

Thank you, Justin. Let me test a few things out and I will respond as soon as possible with feedback.

Great .. Thanks!

Tia

I did further testing. This code can be used anywhere that shortcodes can be used: as a content template, visual editor, etc.

1. Go to Toolset > Settings > Functions inside conditional evaluations

2. Add:

is_tax

3. Where you need this to appear the conditional will look like this:

[wpv-conditional if="( is_tax('the-author','doctor-who') )"] Hello. I am Doctor Who. [/wpv-conditional]

Following this example, it should look something like this:
hidden link

[wpv-conditional if="(  is_tax( 'team' , 'national-teams' )  )"][shortcode_here][/wpv-conditional]

Please let me know if this resolves your question or if it needs more investigation.

It works beautifully ! thanks so much. Works with every category and even with shortcode .. wonderful!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.