Skip Navigation

[Resolved] layout changes with odd number of posts

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
types support screenshot 2.png
types support screenshot.png
types support screenshot 1.png

I am brand new to Types. I am trying to: create a layout with mixed post type views (posts and events)

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: exactly that layout (screenshot 2) , BUT when I select a Category such as Applications which has an odd number of Posts,

Instead, I got: hidden link (screenshot, screenshot 1)

I have tried every which way in Views to stop the interaction between the Posts (2 column) view and the Events view. Put it in a Grid, a Table (works but can't make it responsive), ...

Please help a newbie. Many thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tony,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can assist better with this?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tony,

Were there any modifications or css changes done to the site ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Some minor changes to the site CSS that you can see in the WP Customize CSS panel before I realised I could embed them in the Views. You can return it to the original if you prefer and I will move them to the relevant containers.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tony,

I see from our actual demo that we are using single column design for the archives.

Is there a reason why you are using the column display, I suspect the issue is with the spacing that the items have to work with why it is not reflowing correctly.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane - thanks for your assistance - I see you've done some testing on the site.

We're providing a rapid news service so I thought it worked better with 2 columns to scan more information in a smaller space. I can switch back to a single column of course. I'm only just developing the site so there's nobody affected other than me presently.

However I still don't see why it should affect the re-flow when I have set up effectively 1 x 8 column cell and 1 x 4 column cell in a row. This is only the same as a sidebar setup and whatever is in the main content shouldn't affect the sidebar cell surely?

Thanks again for your help - at least it's not a simple mistake that I've made and could have easily fixed.

Alternatively, given the 'requirement' above, can you suggest a better layout structure to achieve this?

Many thanks - TonyS.

By the way - can you tell me what you changed so that I can reverse it? Not a problem if not as I will probably have to re-design to avoid the issue in any case! Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tony,

I'm not seeing why this would affect it either.

I would recommend reverting to the original design and we can then go through changing the columns together if you'd like. Maybe I'll be able to see what caused it to break 🙂

Looking forward to hearing from your soon.

Thanks,
Shane

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.