Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Is filtering users on a view possible at all?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I'd like to make a users directory available to users and allow them to search or filter it. Based on my reading of the forums, this is not actually possible (the filtering of a users view). Is that correct? Is there any custom code I can add to my functions.php that would make it possible to filter users?

That's correct, parametric searches cannot be created for Views of Users. It is currently possible to use Query Filters to add static filters to Views of Users from wp-admin, but it's not possible to allow your Users to set those filters on the front-end of the site. There's no simple way to add this feature in functions.php, it would require a significant amount of custom code. Our developers have accepted a feature request to extend the custom search form to include User Views, but at this time I do not have a delivery date available for that feature.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.