Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Export parent AND child post types to CSV

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by danieleV-3 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to export a CSV using WP-All-Export plugin.
I have a "Products" parent post type, with a "Prices" child post type. Each "product" has multiple variants, each with its own price (example: a product may have a "Variant 1" with price "€10" and "Variant 2" with price "€15").
I have no issue to show this data on the website.
What I need is to export a single CSV file (using Wp-All-Export or other plugins) that contains all "Products" (and I am able to do it) but also with "Prices" variants in the same row as the product.
Right now I can export single custom post types to csv.
WP-All-Export can also be used with a WP-query. Is there a way to tell it to export all Products with associated child post types?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Daniele,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately Our forums would not be the best place to get assistance with this.

As All-in-one Import is a 3rd party plugin so I would recommend that you contact them for assistance with this. The parent/child information is stored within a custom field so any solution to this would have to come from their support.

However we do have our own Import/Export functionality that works quite well so you have the option of using that as well.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
thanks for your quick reply! I'll try to contact them as well. Regarding your own Import/Export functionality, how does that work? I just need to export my custom posts (including their children) to a .csv file to use it with another application.

Thanks a lot.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Daniele,

Our Exporter actually export the items as XML and it export it the relationship as well.

If u want to have the csv version you will need some tool that can convert xml to csv like the link below.
hidden link

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi, from the import/export panel in Toolset I can export the post types structure, but not actual posts. Where is the Exporter you are talking about? Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Daniele,

Thanks for the clarity, for this you would need to use the WP-All-Export plugin to export the actual content.

Our plugin won't actually export the content itself only the custom post type structure.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok, to put into another perspective: what if I need to use a WP query to get all my posts from "Products" post type and also to get child post type data for every post?

For example, a product page with a loop that displays the product with its fields, and children post types related to that product.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Daniele,

This would be possible because the parent information is stored in the child post using a custom field.

However it would be much easier to use our functions to get the child posts. We have some instructions on this and can be seen below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/querying-and-displaying-child-posts/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks a lot!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.