Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom styling for specific archive level – Can Toolset do this?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to do Custom styling for a page where we are listing all the taxonomy categories / terms?

Solution:
Create a Layout for site level / products and assign it to the page where you are listing all the taxonomy categories (may be Product Page in your case). Screenshot here:
https://d7j863fr5jhrr.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/509754-Layout.png?x71388

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/toolset-training-course/part-2-creating-layouts-for-archives/

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by inesO 7 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

Hello, I am considering getting a Toolset Layout license, however, I have one specific need.

I am trying to:

I have a custom post type (products) and a custom post type archive template for it. it all works fine, however, there is ONE specific need:

The root level for the products (where I am listing all the taxonomy categories that I have, like "pants", "shirts", "socks" etc. ) needs to have a different styling than all the sub taxonomies itself (aka, the listing of blue pants, red pants, yellow pants etc.).

Like so:
site level / products (custom design)
site level / products / shirts (default listing)
site level / products / shirts / red shirts (default listing)

and so on...

Is this possible with Layouts, and if yes, how?

Thank you very much and kind regards!

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Layout.png

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

You need to create a Layout for site level / products and assign it to the page where you are listing all the taxonomy categories (may be Product Page in your case). Please see attached screenshot.

For: site level / products / shirts (default listing)
site level / products / shirts / red shirts (default listing)
>> You may also create and assign a different layout for these, OR you can leave it to have default style.

For more details, please follow this doc:
https://toolset.com/documentation/toolset-training-course/part-2-creating-layouts-for-archives/

Thank you

Thank you for your reply. I'll look into it 🙂

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.